The FIFA World Cup 2022 is just around the corner and Gareth Southgate is currently in the process of narrowing down his final 26-man squad for the tournament in Qatar. The Three Lions have been drawn in Group B and will meet familiar opponents USA in the second group game of the competition. England vs USA Live, Stream Free. But when is England vs USA and how can you watch the game? Here is everything you need to know.
When is England vs the USA?
England’s big clash with the USA will take place on Friday 25 November. The game will get underway at 7 pm UK time. It will be the second group game of the competition and it will take place just four days after England’s opener against Iran.
England vs USA will be played at the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, Qatar. The venue can hold up to 60,000 fans and was built specifically for the World Cup. The Al Bayt Stadium will host a total of nine games during the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
How to watch England vs USA on TV
ITV1 will provide comprehensive coverage of the game between England and the USA. You can also live to stream the action from the ITV Hub which is available for you to use on your mobile or tablet device.
When did the USA last qualify for the World Cup?
The United States last played at the World Cup in 2014. During the tournament USA successfully qualified from the group stage of the competition but suffered a 2-1 defeat to Belgium in the last 16. The USA surprisingly failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia- it was the first tournament they had missed since 1986.
England vs USA World Cup record
England will be aiming to beat the USA at the World Cup for the first time in their history. The two sides have previously met on two occasions the first in 1950 and the second in 2010.
England suffered a 1-0 defeat to the USA in the second group game of the 1950 World Cup. The Three Lions entered the game as overwhelming favourites and the result has gone down in football history as one of the biggest upsets in World Cup history.
The most recent encounter between the two sides came in 2010 in the opening game of the South Africa World Cup. England got off to a dream start in that game as Steven Gerrard opened the scoring within the first five minutes.
However, on the stroke of half-time Clint Dempsey equalised with a long-range effort after a mistake by goalkeeper Rob Green. The game finished 1-1, and the USA went on to top the group with England finishing as runners-up. England vs USA Live.
What to expect from England vs USA
Gareth Southgate’s side will undoubtedly go into this game as favourites. Since Southgate took charge, England has performed admirably in the last two tournaments – they reached the semi-final of the last World Cup in 2018 and finished runners-up in Euro 2020.
However, the USA has become a much stronger team in recent years under the management of Gregg Berhalter. They secured automatic qualification to this year’s tournament in Qatar and possess an array of talented young players including Weston McKennie of Juventus, Sergio Dest of Barcelona and Giovanni Reyna of Borussia Dortmund.
USA also have a host of Premier League players in their ranks including Brendan Aaronson of Leeds, Christian Pulisic of Chelsea and Tyler Adams of Leeds.
Team news for England vs USA
Southgate and Berhalter have both submitted their 55-man squad ahead of the tournament. The two managers will be able to take 26 players to the World Cup with them to Qatar and it is expected that Southgate will make his final announcement on Thursday 10 November. England vs USA Live.
Spectators can soak up the footballing atmosphere in our premium concourse Westview, fit with multiple LED screens so you won’t miss a single second of the action.
Every visitor will receive two complimentary soft or alcoholic drinks alongside street food to enjoy throughout the evening.
There will also be a DJ and entertainment pre- and post-match, suitable for the whole family to enjoy. The Champions League trophies will be on display for pictures with a view of the pitch to get everyone in the winning spirit.
Doors will open at 5 pm on Friday 25 November. Tickets are £35+VAT and are available to purchase online.
Included in your ticket:
- Access to our premium concourse, Westview
- Two complimentary soft or alcoholic drinks per guest
- Outlets open serving complimentary street food
- Multiple LED screens through the venue to enjoy the game
- Terrace access offering stadium and pitch views
- Champions League trophies on display for photographs
- DJ and entertainment throughout the evening
- Pre-match analysis with Chelsea FC stadium announcer Lee Parker
Gregg Berhalter’s side will be desperate to make an impact similar to the one they made in both 2010 and 2014, where they reached the knockout stages.
But England is hoping to win it all, so Southgate’s men will need to be laser-focused against a hungry USA side.
When is England vs the USA?
- England’s big clash with the USA will get underway from 7 pm UK time on Friday, November 25.
- You can live stream the action from the ITV Hub, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- The game is FREE to watch, so long as you have a TV licence.
Who is in England’s 26-man squad?
Gareth Southgate has finally announced his 26-man squad for England ahead of the World Cup.
- Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), Nick Pope (Newcastle)
- Defenders: Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City), Benjamin White (Arsenal), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Conor Coady (Everton, on loan from Wolves), Luke Shaw (Man Utd)
- Midfielders: Declan Rice (West Ham), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Man City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Man City), James Maddison (Leicester City)